A perfect relationship is not that you never get angry, upset or irritated with each other. It’s how fast you resolve and bounce back to normal.
Often after an argument or if we have been cheated, we feel hurt or let down, we choose to remain hurt or angry for hours, months, even years. We feel our hurt is justified, it was their mistake, they need to make things right or sometimes we even feel things can never be the same again. Irrespective of what had happened it takes only 1 thought to get back to normal. The mind will ask questions, give it the answers.
(1) Why should I be doing it, it was their fault? Because my relationship is more important than my ego.
(2) Why so soon, let them at least realize their mistake? Because every passing moment is causing me and them pain and weakening our relationship.
(3) Will I be considered weak if I give in? Forgiving, forgetting and moving on is a strength, let me give myself and them that strength.
(4) If I become normal, will they do the same? They may take their time, but if I get to normal, the process has begun and very soon they will get back to normal.
(5) Will I be taken for granted? If people can take my love and care for granted, it’s my fortune. I have given them a reason to believe that I always love them.
There can be many questions, but we have the answer to every question if we have decided that our relationship is our priority, their happiness and our own happiness matters to us more than what was right or wrong.
So, remember the mantra:
“I am a wise being. In every scene, my feeling & behavior is getting recorded on me the soul. This recording will stay on me in the present birth & future births. Scenes today may not be my way, but I focus on my recording. When people are not right to me, I do not record “they hurt me, they insulted me, they rejected me”. I only record “it’s their sanskar”.
Our recordings are like the background music of our life, they play in all scenes. The recording is our choice, not dependent on their behavior. Thus, let’s take care that we record the music which makes our life’s movie a beautiful experience.