Find below the major highlights of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram updates for the month of July 2018.
Facebook July 2018
- New: Info & Ads Feature for Pages
- New: Cross post to Instagram
- New: Facebook Tests Augmented Reality Ads
- New: Facebook Workplace for Good
- New: Fundraising Tools
- In Prototype: “Your Time on Facebook” Tool
- In Testing: Tools to Make Facebook Less Intrusive
- In Testing: Subscription Groups
- 11 metrics removed from their Ads Reports:
*Actions, People Taking Action, Cost per Any Action
*Amount Spent Today
*Canvas Component Time Percentage
*Link Click Destination
*Mobile App Actions Conversion Value
*Page Mentions, Cost per Page Mention
*Page Tab Views, Cost per Page Tab View
*Positive Feedback, Negative Feedback
*Social Reach, Social Impressions, Social Clicks (All), Unique Social Clicks (All)
- New: Announced that its ‘Watch Party’ communal video viewing option for groups is now available in all regions.
Instagram Updates July 2018
- New: Instagram Topic Channels: These “channels” can appear at the top of the Explore section and will show users different categories of posts they can click to see.
- New: Video Chat in Direct Messaging
- New: Instagram Introduces Music to Stories
- New: Question Stickers for Instagram Stories
- New: Instagram Shares IGTV Creators Handbook
- In Progress: Non-SMS Two-Step Verification
- In Testing: Instagram Verified Badge (In-app form)
- In Testing: The Ability to Remove Followers from Public Accounts
Twitter Updates July 2018
- New: Measuring healthy conversation
- New: A safer conversation for live video: The community can report and vote on chats they consider to be abusive, and group moderation determines if someone can continue chatting.
- In Progress: The Data Transfer Project is an open source initiative aiming to empower any company to create tools that enable people to freely move their information across the web – without barriers.
- Tip: Twitter doesn’t shadow-ban but ranks a profile based on tweets.